Sunday, May 01, 2005

A Week to Reflect

I apologize for the infrequent postings this week. In addition to some tight work deadlines, I had the unfortunate experience of losing a friend to a particularly aggressive form of colon cancer at the age of 39. The real tragedy is that he left behind two beautiful children, ages 13 and 9, as well as an amazingly strong and loving wife. I have had my own personal connection to this nasty and silent form of cancer. Although deadly, colon cancer can be beaten if treated early. The key is to not listen to a doctor that tells you that you are too young to have a colonoscopy. I was 31 when I first faced the infancy of the disease. If you are genetically prone to the disease, you will face it earlier rather than later. You can nip it in the bud and stay on top of it for the rest of your life. You owe it to yourself, and you owe it to your loved ones. Get it done. Here's to you, Zippy. I still see you smiling!

|

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob,

Great comments. You are a good friend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home